It’s that simple. And that important.
The facts speak for themselves.
In whatever way you wish to journey with us – as a customer, a Host, or a PUREhaven ESSENTIALS independent business owner, our goal is to arm you with information to enhance your health, your home, and your happiness.
Our mission is to educate everyone on the issue of harmful chemicals in everyday products – and provide safe, effective alternatives.
Get the Facts
- Europe bans more than 1,300 harmful chemicals from personal care products. The U.S. bans 11. (EU Cosmetic Directive 2013; FDA 2015, Campaign for Safe Cosmetics)
- The U.S. has not passed a major federal law to regulate personal care product ingredients since 1938.
- On average, a woman is exposed to 168 chemicals before she leaves the house in the morning (think soap, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, lotion, cosmetics). (EWG – Environmental Working Group)
- According to Dr. Samuel Epstein, former head of the Cancer Prevention Coalition, “It’s more dangerous to put a product on your skin than to eat it.” Why? Because our bodies have detox mechanisms at work; our skin does not.
- Over 200 chemicals have been found in babies’ cord blood, many of which are harmful to the brain and nervous system, cause cancer and/or cause birth defects and abnormal development. (EWG, 2009)
- 1 in 2 men and 1 in 3 women will be diagnosed with cancer during their lifetime. (American Cancer Society, 2015 Facts & Figures)
- 1 in 68 U.S. children (1 in 42 boys) have been identified with autism spectrum disorder – that’s up from 1 in 88 in 2012. (CDC, 2014)
- More than 5 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s, and that’s projected to increase to nearly 7.1 million by 2025. (2015 Alzheimer’s Disease Facts & Figures)
According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC): “Just a few years into the 21st century, America is at a critical crossroads in the fight against chronic disease. Significant progress has been made, but much hard work remains. … CDC’s National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion envisions a nation in which all people live healthy lives free from the devastation of chronic diseases.
To realize this vision, the nation must harness the collective capacity and energy of communities, health care professionals, voluntary and professional organizations, the private sector, governmental agencies, and academic institutions to take tangible action in the following key areas: well-being, policy promotion, health equity, research translation, and workforce development.”
At the community level, PUREhaven ESSENTIALS can make a powerful difference, through thousands of independent business owners, their Hosts, and customers.
We are in the business of doing good.
And we invite you to join us – because your voice makes all of us stronger.
Be an “Ingredient Detective”.
We’ll show you how.
We’ve all learned how to read food labels; what to look for in calories, fat, protein, etc. So it just makes good sense to know what to look for on personal care and home products, too. Remember that statistic on the number of product chemicals banned in Europe (1,300!) … too many to memorize.
But we’ll get you started on a good working list.
Download this easy-reference “Ingredients to Avoid” sheet, twenty of the most commonly-used harmful chemicals to look for on your product labels.
Learn more about harmful ingredients
How can you continue your education and your journey toward safer, healthier products?
- Use our Ingredients to Avoid list every time you shop (fold it up and keep in your car, purse, or wallet. Or take a photo of this list with your phone).
- No need to overhaul every product in your house all at once; begin with our ESSENTIALS Bundle No. 8, then add additional products over time.
- Host a PUREhaven ESSENTIALS gathering to learn more.